Maersk Czech Republic s.r.o. – IT Support Technician
is the world's largest container shipping company, serving customers all across the globe. Maersk Line has 25,000 employees across 325 offices in more than 125 countries. As a leading provider of container shipping services, Maersk Line’s mission is to provide opportunities in global commerce.
Maersk Line helps customers source goods from anywhere in the world, creating efficiencies in their supply chains, and making it possible for commodities to reach new markets more quickly. Maersk Line sets the standards in ensuring continuous and consistent reliable and quality service to its customers and is regarded amongst the most reliable carriers in the world.
The Maersk Group
comprises A.P. Moller - Maersk A/S and subsidiaries based in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Group employs about 89,000 people in around 135 countries across the world. Maersk Line in the Czech Republic is represented by Maersk Czech Republic s.r.o. that was established in 1991.
Maersk Czech Republic has an opening for IT Support Technician, based in Prague-Hostivice, in the premises of sister company Damco Czech Republic.
The primary objective for the position is to provide IT infrastructure services to both Damco and Maersk Line business units.
The majority of the time spent is expected in Prague-Hostivice (Damco CZ premises) as a base location, and also in Prague 5 (Maersk CZ premises); mild travel is expected to support neighbour country (offices) in both Damco and Maersk Line Hungary or Slovakia.
Holder of this position will report to IT Manager for Maersk Line North Europe (Maersk Group IT Infrastructure Services - Onsite IT Infrastructure Support Department), based abroad.
In case you find this position attractive and feel you would fit the job, please do not hesitate to apply by sending your CV and the motivation letter in English to Kamila Menclova, HR Manager for Maersk CZ and SK, email@example.com.
The main responsibility of the IT Support Technician is provide onsite support for desktop management, asset management and physical support for other IT equipment including servers, switches, printers, cabling, video conferencing equipment, wireless LAN etc.
The majority of Maersk Group Infrastructure Services will be provided remotely, including software distribution and packaging, monitoring and infrastructure services, desktop and server patching, storage services, backup, restore and archiving. The IT Support Technician will be responsible for fulfilling those services which require physical onsite presence, and assisting the remote support teams where required.
Important for this position is professional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently with a high sense of urgency and result orientation.
Specific daily responsibilities include:
Required experiences and skills
- Handling and preparing HW
- 1st & 2nd Level support via tickets raised and assigned in Remedy
- Problem and Incident Management
- Collecting and providing input for improvements
- Act as a local project coordinator for hardware\software updates\rollouts as required.
- Support for other locations as appropriate
- Participation in the Maersk Group Infrastructure Services Duty Guard scheme (an ‘on call’ scheme to provide support assistance either remotely, or physically on site, 24x7)
- Advanced desktop usage / VPN & Citrix / iPhone / Windows 7
- Good knowledge of setting up PCs, including BIOS configuration, Microsoft operating systems and connectivity (LAN, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.)
- Good knowledge of the most common PC accessories and how to connect them, i.e. printers, mice, external drives.
- Microsoft info-worker tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, SharePoint, Lync, Project, Visio).
- Able to do basic setup of mobile devices like iOS devices, Android devices, Windows Phone, etc.
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure components
- Basic server and network troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of file and print services
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of an IT Service Management application such as Remedy or Service Now
- Change and Risk management awareness
- Basic knowledge on use of AV equipment (meeting rooms)
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
Desirable technical skills
- Cisco Video Conferencing equipment
- Video walls
- Follow-me print set-up and configuration
Lack of some experiences described above can be compensated by a pro-active attitude and good will to learn and develop.
- High sense of urgency
- Professional communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Ability to work with people at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to work and operate independently
- Excellent prioritization and problem solving skills
- Takes end-to-end responsibility
- Customer service mindset
- Extensive understanding of cultural diversities and how to deal with these communication-wise.
Language proficiency and education required
- Fluent English and Czech or Slovak
- Preferably university degree, IT education.
Primary Internal Stakeholders
- Local Management in Maersk and Damco
- Various support team within Maersk Group IT Infrastructure services
- Maersk appointed service providers
Primary External Stakeholders
- IT HW Supplier
- Coordinate with hardware vendors in case of hardware failures or upgrades (PCs, laptops, printers, telephony) and manage through to resolution.
- Management of equipment servicing through Maersk appointed vendors
- Close liaison with Global Service Desk and other center and\or remote support groups.
- A very dynamic position, working with a varied customer portfolio
- Strong multinational background and stability of one of the biggest shipping companies
- Competitive salary package with a wide range of company benefits
- Professional and personal development