The Department of Information Technologies (Katedra informačních technologií) is a leading scientific and educational department in the Czech Republic focusing on Applied Informatics.
Our main objective is to train highly qualified specialists in the field of research and applications and of information technology. The Department carries out a number of activities in education, science, research and business to achieve this objective.
The Department runs courses in Applied Informatics degree program. The programme follows European Union standards and is structured into three tiers:
- Bachelor Degree
- Applied Informatics programme (in Czech): After graduating from this programme, the students are able to begin their professional career as application developers, webmasters, and network administrators or continue their studies for a master degree.
- Master Degree
- ISM – Information Systems Management (in English): Department provides important part of faculty-wide IT programme taught completely in English which prepares IT and project specialists capable to work in international environments – see programme website
- Information Systems and Technology (in Czech): Prepares specialists and managers in the field of informatics for job roles that include business analyst, IT manager, project manager, IT architect, system integrator, IT consultant, IT sales and services.
- Cognitive informatics (in Czech): Graduates are prepared for job positions that include business analyst, manager of the development, business development manager and manager of research and development in IT.
- Doctoral Degree: in Aplied Informatics provides training for researchers in the field of informatics.
Research activities of the Department focus on methodologies for development, operation and management of information systems and on the area of Data and Analytics. Our methodologies are verified in practice and have been applied in numerous organizations. Books written by the members of department are used as standard textbooks at a number of universities in the Czech Republic.
Applied projects in business focus on implementation of advanced methodologies, processes and executive consulting for Czech and international clients in the area of Department expertise.